© 2010-2012 Friends of Midas. All Rights Reserved.
The Elko County Convention and Visitors Authority donated two side-dump ore carts to Friends of Midas in September 2011. Rick and Lynn Isaeff and Dan and Joan Bennett traveled to Elko to load the carts onto Rick's trailer, with the help of Steve Whede of ECVA, and bring them back to Midas. Morris Strong of Rimrock Drilling and the employees of Patzer Fabrication made sure that the heavy rails were cut appropriately before the group left Elko. The carts have been installed on the rails and are now on display at the Old Macy Place on Main Street. Click here to return to the main acquisitions page.
Click on the image to see the original 1930 catalog description for one of our carts: